The Institute for Mindfulness South Africa, in collaboration with Stellenbosch University Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, are offering the first South African University-Based Certificate Training in Mindfulness-Based Interventions (MBIs).
- Receive a Certification in MBIs (60 academic credits)
- A four module training programme designed specifically for the South African context
- Training is open to professionals wanting to offer MBIs in clinical, coaching, educational and communities settings
- Each module combines retreat and distance learning processes including training in mindfulness practices for personal and professional application
- Explore mindfulness practices experientially, theoretically and philosophically in a supportive learning environment
- Study part-time
- Offered by Stellenbosch University and the Institute for Mindfulness South Africa.
The course will serve to build medium and long-term capacity and career paths in MBI’s in South Africa. Our vision is to develop a new generation of practitioners and trainers and mainstream the practices, ethics and applications of mindfulness-based approaches into the broader healthcare fraternity in South Africa, and beyond that into education, communities and business.
The part-time course will be highly participatory and practical, aiming to give insight and understanding into the foundations of mindfulness and MBI’s, its application in various contexts and an exploration of mindfulness-based teaching skills. It will have the dual benefit of offering participants an opportunity to explore and apply these practices in daily life for their personal benefit, as well as enable them to offer MBI’s to their staff, clients or patients.
The training will consist of 4 modules structured as series of short courses of 8-10 weeks length, combining retreats and distance learning elements within each module. A certificate of competence for the full course will be given when all the modules are completed and participants have fulfilled the necessary assessment criteria and standards.
The course will be taught by very experienced local and international mindfulness teachers.
(Please note that the next intake for April 2017 is full, but we are still accepting applications, which are being added to a waiting list for this group, as people often do drop out closer to the time . This list will also be carried over to the next intake for 2019.)
Download the Brochure here
Download the Application Form here
(If you apply via the website, please state this in your e-mail when submitting the forms)